[lbo-talk] Churchill, in his own words

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 06:01:49 PST 2009

  Nope, the Final Solution was Hitler's brainchild. Therefore, given my definition, he was a mass murderer. In fact, he was a mass murderer when he massacred the SA in 1934.

The aerial bombardment of Germany had no strategic purpose in hindsight, or as it appeared at the time? That's kind of a large amount of materiel to waste on what you believe to be a fantasy target.

----- Original Message ---- From: James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk>

No, there never will be evidence that he was a mass murdered, because he was acting as a minister and then head of state in a properly constituted government. Even with Hitler you can say rhetorically that he was a 'mass murderer' but what you really mean is that his government's policies amounted to mass murder.

Churchill's aerial bombardment of Germany had no strategic purpose other than to give the British air force a fantasy target as a substitute for themilitary objectives that their retreat from Europe denied them. Rhetorically, I would call that mass murder, allowing that in fact, Churchill did not strangle the people of Dresden with his bare hands, but only ordered the attacks that led to their senseless slaughter. ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk