[lbo-talk] Blunden critique of Postone

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:51:11 PST 2009

> CB: Yes indeedy. And I'm a big user of MIA Check this out !  His
> "collected" works are something.
>
> http://home.mira.net/~andy/works/index.htm
>
> I'd like to discuss his "Reading “Capital” " under our "Bedlamite
> economics" and the EMH thread
>
> Andy Blunden. June 2009
>
> Reading “Capital”
> There are a number of ways in which people have read Capital.

>From the opening par I was expecting yet another article about why
Capital is a critique of and not a contribution to political economy, but it is more interesting than that. I think an awful lot of 'Marxian economists' would be closer to his view than to his straw 'Marxian economists' though. I wrote a less interesting piece on the same topic here: http://scandalum.wordpress.com/2009/06/28/marxs-capital-as-critique-of-and-contribution-to-political-economy/

Cheers, Mike