[lbo-talk] more on why movies suck

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 20:44:00 PST 2009

Well, of course, it's not just the Russians and the German, although in the twenties and thirties, it kind of was. Then in the forties and fifities, the French, Italian, and English. Then in the sixties, the Japanese, Satyajit Ray.....and then, I don't know.

I can't figure out if there has actually been an American Eisenstein or De Sica. I'm not saying it necessarily matters.

I know that Citizen Kane gets the nod for the great American art film, but I can't believe that this film, which I only once managed to get through without falling asleep, is it.

joanna