[lbo-talk] The Neoliberalization Of Higher Education: What’s Race Got To Do With It?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 23:11:14 PST 2009

[WS:] That is about right with a minor correction - the most engaged are NIMBY people opposing some socially beneficial initiative (anything from public transit to social service program) and anti-abortion and anti-gay rights crowd. Identity politics does not seem to as big of an affair.

It is amazing how many people still live in the illusion created by a few radical student protesters in the 1960s - thinking that the whole country will be like them if only properly "organized." Well, the rest of the country went for Nixon while a few student radicals went to the streets.

Wojtek