[lbo-talk] The Neoliberalization Of Higher Education: What’s Race Got To Do With It?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 04:36:19 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:11 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is amazing how many people still live in the illusion created by a few
> radical student protesters in the 1960s - thinking that the whole country
> will be like them if only properly "organized." Well, the rest of the
> country went for Nixon while a few student radicals went to the streets.

While empirically true, and perhaps others know the specifics better than I do, but would Nixon have beaten Johnson? would Nixon have beaten Kennedy? would Nixon have beaten Kennedy if King hadn't been killed? I don't remember that Nixon ran away with the thing... though, perhaps, that was due to Wallace's campaign...