[lbo-talk] The Neoliberalization Of Higher Education: What’s Race Got To Do With It?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 04:28:38 PST 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:57 AM, Chris Doss <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> That progressive change is being thwarted by some kind of external
> malevolent force (the elusive and all-powerful The Man) is kind of a dogma.

Would you be happier with Domhoff's neo-Weberian interlocking networks of cultural, economic and political elites melded with Lukes' three dimensions of power seen through social psychoanalytic takes on socialization, internalization and self-surveillance? The Man, while admittedly populist and non-specific is shorthand... for most folks here my assumption is that shorthand is shorthand, not an indication of their being a dogmatic simpleton.