[lbo-talk] the fantasy of being outside ideology

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Sat Nov 21 15:19:49 PST 2009

On Nov 21, 2009, at 3:38 PM, shag carpet bomb quoted:

> "What would it hurt other than my leftist pride if someone said I
> was being racist?...

Like all personal insults, whether or not ending in "ist," it would totally subvert the logos of the discussion underway. Otherwise it would be welcome as one's opponent's humiliating admission of defeat in argument.

> ...I'll ask for evidence and I will most likely debate it..."

Which would be a mistake, like attempting to conduct rational discussion with a troll.

Shane Mage