[lbo-talk] The Necrosocial

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Tue Nov 24 03:08:12 PST 2009

. . . we are in a position to judge it if you do so as Joanna did. Which is what you're actually saying in more detail below. It's not that no one can judge it, it's that it should be judged appropriately. It's perfectly possible to still end up having criticisms, but in this case Max's criticism is based on a misreading of the text to begin with, since the author isn't running around assuming that the university is irredeemable.

shag

I would object less if he had said the U is irredeemable.

Of course it's irredeemable! It reproduces capital, and capital isn't going anywhere. We're all in the shit and we aren't going anywhere either. What else is new?

Nothing I said had anything to do with irredeemability. The essay is a wank-fest aimed at the wankletariat and it succeeds in its mission, which is to wank until the sun goes down. Been there, done that.