[lbo-talk] Poll: Majority Of Republicans Think Obama Didn't

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:33:11 PST 2009

Dennis Claxton

At 12:11 PM 11/24/2009, c b wrote:

>If the extreme rightwing of the military-industrial-complex/National
>security state
>wouldn't let Kennedy be President for some very mild softness on
>Communism,

What do you mean? Are you saying Oswald didn't act alone?

^^^^^^^ CB: Yeah, it was a coup d'etat by rabid anti-Communists in the state apparatus. Oswald was clearly a spook, so he was part of a team of some sort. There didn't have to be mutiple shooters, but he didn't come up with the idea himself. He was also made the fall guy.

Not that Kennedy was a Communist , but he didn't invade Cuba and he had just signed a nuclear test ban treaty with the Soviets. My inference is that to the John Birchers , et al. , this amounted to treasonous softness on Communism.

^^^^^^^^

That reminds me. I saw a Hitchcock movie from 1930 on the big screen the other night and I swear the murderer looked like Oswald. Even better, like Oswald in drag. Here's a couple pictures:

http://www.personal.psu.edu/t3b/Tom%27smediafolder/media%20SpCom%20415%20Spring%202000/Fane%20on%20trapeze.jpg

http://www.personal.psu.edu/t3b/Tom%27smediafolder/media%20SpCom%20415%20Spring%202000/Fane%20female%20costume.jpg