[lbo-talk] Gaddafi the liberator

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 14:21:53 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:00 PM, <dredmond at efn.org> wrote:

> I think it's deeply important for a world political leader to raise the
> issue of Empire and colonialism in 2009.

I think it's more important for people who oppose Empire and colonialism to investigate how all world leaders, even and maybe especially those who criticize Empire and colonialism, contribute to and help perpetuate the worldwide capitalist market and its exploiting labor regimes and violent enforcement.

> So Chavez shaking hands with the leader of a postcolonial state is fine by
> me.

Sure, he can shake hands with Hitler or Satan or even P*lanski. But it does nothing to alter the conditions under which Venezuelans and Libyans live. Though it does seem to make western leftists feel better.