[lbo-talk] Gaddafi the liberator

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 18:09:55 PDT 2009

Doug asks:

" Has there ever been a left regime anywhere that you find admirable, even in part?"

Carroll I bolded the part of the question that "stunned" me (though I do apologize for the hyperbole). And Doug, there are many triumphs of European Social Democracy that I can appreciate, even of the welfare state elsewhere, the October Revolution, even a few of the gains of the Cuban Revolution. I just think it's absurd to say that Chavez isn't an important part of the world capitalist economy. It is also a shame that people don't recognize that portions of the bourgeoisie have benefited enormously from Chavez's reign.