[lbo-talk] more noxious crap

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sat Oct 3 10:14:29 PDT 2009

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> On the question of what is to be done, I do not see that as difficult. what
> is to discuss. It is very simple. Marx outlined it nicely...

Yeah, he did. According to him, the only solution to the problem was a violent revolution when the time was right.

> We are not here to *support* Liberalism. We are here to kill it....

So can I assume that's your solution too? And can you explain to me how that's going to work out well?

Because if you're thinking of an electoral strategy, what you says makes no sense to me. You think you are going to attack the fundamental beliefs of 90%+ of the population with the express goal of destroying them and that's going to get them to join your side? Because if they don't, of course, you can't win an election.

It's seems to me you gotta make a choice, influence elections or overthrowing the electoral system. I think the military option is beyond dotty. I find it hard to believe you don't believe the same. But so far that's the only implication I can draw from what you say about killing liberalism. If you think there's something besides those two options (and different than SA's emphasis on influencing elections through the power of an organized movement that allies with liberalism from a position of strength) I can't think of what it is and you haven't made it clear. I'm all ears.

Michael