[lbo-talk] more noxious crap

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Oct 3 11:29:42 PDT 2009

At 01:43 PM 10/3/2009, SA wrote:
>shag carpet bomb wrote:
>
>>At 12:58 PM 10/3/2009, SA wrote:
>>>I diagnosed the problem as being that right now, "any coalition [between
>>>liberals and the left] would be us joining them, not the other way
>>>around." I lamented the fact that "the [anti-Iraq war] marches organized
>>>by radicals ended up largely serving, de facto, as foot-soldiery for
>>>Nancy Pelosi and MoveOn" and that under present circumstances the
>>>dynamics of a left-liberal coalition are such that radicals are forced
>>>to "tag along behind, all their shouted caveats and objections lost in
>>>the wind." Finally, I concluded that "the left needs to stop thinking of
>>>liberals as the Other. *But* that has to come in the context of some
>>>movement that would allow the left to actually exert some gravitational
>>>pull" [emphasis added].
>>

>>gravitational pull on what?
>
>On liberals. A coalition where we have the ability to push them in our
>direction, rather than us getting pushed to move in their direction.
>
>SA

I think this is a little hard for me to swallow because i don't think I've ever seen you advance a marxist or leftist thought on this list.

It mostly seems to be advancing criticisms of leftists and marxists.

so, who exactly is this "we"?

that isn't meant as a criticism. I always think of you and Michael and max and others as the loyal opposition. I mean, I get the impression that you and others are liberals, here because you want to get us crazy lefties to be a little more respectable and stop supporting fringe causes.

so, i'll have to ponder this for quite some time, maybe go back and read through all your posts to find the radical kernel. i mean, obviously, i thought you'd once subsribed to perelman's list and i was wrong, so obviously i have gotten you all wrong.

shag