[lbo-talk] more noxious crap

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sat Oct 3 15:03:36 PDT 2009

Russia was a capitalist society, including in the countryside where capitalist social relations had supplanted serfdom well before the Russian Revolution. I expect you'd be loath to turn to Lenin's Development of Capitalism in Russia or to Trotsky's theory of combined and uneven development for confirmation, but, AFAIK, this issue never really been in dispute in the mainstream academic literature either. For that matter, it wasn't in dispute within the ruling class; key Tsarist officials like Stolypin and Witte well understood they were advancing capitalist development, not trying to protect residual feudal privileges and practices.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Doss" <lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Saturday, October 03, 2009 4:18 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] more noxious crap