[lbo-talk] Michaels, Against Diversity

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 12:29:10 PDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> (Incidentally,
> leftists must oppose the draft but with fingers crossed: only an army of
> conscripts, a fully egalitarian army, will come over to our side.

Carrol, I regret my recent pattern of taking issue with minor passages in your longer posts, but I'd be interested in hearing you flesh out why we must do any such thing. I, for one, am enthusiastically and vocally in favor of a draft. And while I suspect this is a minority position on the left, I know of enough others who share it to be sure that it's not entirely heretical.