[lbo-talk] Michaels, Against Diversity

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Oct 4 12:40:38 PDT 2009

On Oct 4, 2009, at 3:29 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> I, for one, am enthusiastically and
> vocally in favor of a draft. And while I suspect this is a minority
> position on the left, I know of enough others who share it to be sure
> that it's not entirely heretical.

I'm with you, esp now that I'm well over draft age! The ruling class understands that it's much easier to wage aggressive imperial wars with a professional army. With a draft, popular resistance is likely to be much stiffer. They were in a dither over the state of the military late in the Vietnam War, and rightly so from their POV.

Doug