[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed responds to Alan Rudy

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 5 18:32:39 PDT 2009

At 06:04 PM 10/5/2009, wrobert at uci.edu wrote:

>I'll probably jump in a few hours, but right now this feels a bit
>like a non-conversation.

I was just listening to Doug's interview. I didn't hear anything that objectionable until towards the end when Michaels started talking about high U.S. tolerance for illegal immigration (sic).

I think the guy can definitely be accused of having a tin ear just for using the term "illegal immigrants" repeatedly. But the thing that really made me wonder was when he said diversity programs were designed and implemented to deal with things like high populations of illegal immigrant workers.

I don't get that at all. AFAIK "Illegal immigrants" are overwhelmingly in positions where they only work with other "illegal immigrants." So I'm left thinking I don't know what he's talking about there.