[lbo-talk] Adolph Reed responds to Alan Rudy

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Oct 5 23:33:00 PDT 2009

Adolph Reed writes

"All that taking cues from those "who are in the trenches" I'm beginning to think is part of the aversive mechanism. Who is in the "trenches" besides those who function increasingly as the neoliberal regime's social service coordinators? That's who is most directly and immediately committed to the race line and other expressions of identity politics. And, besides, why should we give trumping word to those whose practice hasn't produced anything in three decades except redefining the terms of victory to accommodate steady defeat?"

Wo! Alan is one of the clearest, most interesting contributors we've had on this list for a long time. He does not deserve this.

And to equate all those in the trenches with neoliberal social service coordinators is, well, at best, intellectual laziness.

Joanna