[lbo-talk] overconsuming health

M myles.sussman at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 10:50:23 PDT 2009

It would be interesting to see the consumption numbers per person, at constant age bracket (say, 35-ish). That way you could factor out the effect of changing the population pyramid. More older people in the population means more health care spending. But older people also have more savings/home ownership (which as we know from Greenspan can be used as a "bank") -- so they also might be consuming more "stuff" compared to their younger fellow citizens. I don't have a good guess what the answer would be.