[lbo-talk] Michaels, Against Diversity

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:30:30 PDT 2009

It absolutely floored me the first time I asked the question in the first semester of my first year here during the first Intro Soc class I'd taught in nine years. I ask it of every class every time I teach Intro - about five times a year - and always get the same basic results... and there are always a number of young women who see themselves as naturally made to be baby factories - though, even among these, the numbers and timing of desired children is pretty variable.

The KKK's strong in Howell, the various factions of the Michigan militia are still about and the Dutch Reform folks in the West verge on scary conservative... to good ole left, coastal, cosmopolitan me.