[lbo-talk] Will 'SNL' skit sink hopes for Obama?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:11:02 PDT 2009

[WS:} That is what I've been arguing for some time. Obama presided over the largest and very unpopular bailout of the banking industry, (engineered by Bush to be sure,) a bailout of the auto industry, the highest unemployment after WW2, the escalation of the Vietnam war in Afghanistan (a Democrat Party project,) and the health care reform debacle. If this thing passes, it will be so bad that it will piss off a lot of people, but if it does not, it will be seen as another failure of his presidency. Either way, it is likely to have a negative effect on his re-election, and we should thank the Democratic Party for that.

I dread that, but given the stupidity of the electoral system in general and the US elections in particular, President Palin in 2012 starts looking more and more real.

Wojtek