[lbo-talk] Trotskyite fetishization of the workplace

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:36:34 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 10:03 AM, James Heartfield < Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Joseph, understandably non-plussed by being called "a bourgeois wanker, a
> crypto-Thatcherite"... but to my ears there is a strangely English lilt to
> this New York Trotskyist? 'Wanker'? 'Thatcherite'? Are those terms in common
> use in the US?

I did a bit of editing to make the exchange easier to read, but the substance is all the same, down to the Thatcher comparison. And yes, those terms are pretty distinctively British; I'd just been reading about your miners' strike, so they were fresh in my mind. (I wouldn't say I was non-plussed, so much as something between amused and bemused.)