[lbo-talk] Hardt/Negri's Commonwealth as reviewed in WSJ

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 11:14:24 PDT 2009

I dig. I haven't read the JBF article yet, but I will. For me the relevant thing about Fordism is less the sort of quasi-Keynesian capital-labor bargain than the social engineering aspect: the good wage is paid if one lives a good, clean, moral life within a stable, nuclear family, and all of this additionally ties itself to and is completed by the nation. The "post" part is relevant not just for production relations but capital's attempts to profit from ways of being that aren't identitical to, or are even opposed to, Fordist moral demands: nontraditional families, alternative lifestyles, etc.