[lbo-talk] The trouble with Wolfe (was:ichaels, Against Diversity

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Oct 10 05:13:00 PDT 2009

At 05:43 PM 10/8/2009, Chuck Grimes wrote:

>So what's wrong with Wolfie?
>
>CG

well, we could trade stories about walking on the minefields of internecine academic disputes. mine were more along the lines of praising someone's work to someone who i didn't realize was their enemy.

As for Wolfe, I thought Wolfe was really harsh when he wrote this: "If anyone can be accused of doing what Walter Benn Michaels accuses everyone else of doing -- ignoring class by talking about race -- it is Walter Bennn Michaels himself." CG

Boy, was I being harsh on Wolfie! I got 'round to reading a study on domestic violence WBM cites. I didn't get past the abstract of the paper, before I pissed myself laughing.

http://cleandraws.com/2009/10/09/mr-3-names-and-selective-tagging/

These are the threads on Wolfe: http://www.mail-archive.com/pen-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu/msg29165.html

Doug's review, a search turned up two versions: http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2001/2001-April/007413.html http://archives.econ.utah.edu/archives/m-fem/2000m08/msg00243.htm