[lbo-talk] negawatts instead of megawatts

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 14:47:00 PDT 2009

Alan Rudy and Shane Mage seem reluctant to accept that environmental protestors wanted to shut down Britain's power stations. But the protestors themselves welcome the decision that the industry regulators assume will lead to £2000 utility bills.

Bibi Van Der Zee writes 'What a day, what a weekend, what a week for climate protesters! First E.ON gives up on building the proposed coal-fired power station at Kingsnorth.' http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2009/oct/12/climate-activists-campaigns-greenpeace

Emma Jackson, of the Camp for Climate Change, added: "E.On are finally recognising that the days of building new coal-fired power stations are over." http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/8296975.stm

'Commenting on reports that E.ON has shelved plans to build a new coal-fired- power station at Kingsnorth, Friends of the Earth's Executive Director Andy Atkins said:

"We're delighted that E.ON has shelved its Kingsnorth plans - we should be investing in clean energy sources not building new dirty coal-fired power stations."' http://www.foe.co.uk/resource/press_releases/kingsnorth_shelved_07102009.html