[lbo-talk] the other diversities

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:14:49 PDT 2009

Shag's interesting point is basically a Gramscian one against orthodox Marxism and the old tendency of a portion of the left to fall into the trap of focusing too much on the "base". In the context of the Western Left in the early 21st century, a left coming out of decades of post-political identity politics, I think we need more than a few doses of vuglar Marxism and a return to class (not to mention the changes in objective conditions that I think make a more classical Marxist approach more applicable once again).

~ In class, sorry for brevity.

Bhaskar