[lbo-talk] The Yiddish Policeman's Union

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 15 07:56:25 PDT 2009

My wife read it. Also enjoyed it a lot. She also saw it as a vehicle for Michael Chabon to contrast the former vibrant progressive Yiddish-speaking culture of Eastern Europe with Israel's increasingly right-wing culture.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at verizon.net> To: "LBO-Talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:24 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] The Yiddish Policeman's Union