[lbo-talk] The new disparity: women vastly outnumber men

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 11:28:26 PDT 2009

Somebody Somebody

Somebody: I think you may have hit it on the head here. But, this is just another way of saying that the socialization associated with maintaining a patriarchal society in the *past* is now counterproductive for men and is actually, almost accidentally, leading to the gradual rise of a female dominated economy. So, this goes back to what I was saying about the face of capitalism becoming both more female and more minority. The decline of industry in the U.S. is due in part because of the emergence of industrialization in Asia, which in turn has contributed to the increased importance of intellectual and service oriented careers that are more open to women.

^^^^^^^ CB: When you say the face of capitalism becoming more minority, do you mean minorities becoming majorities ? Is the "face" the working class ? Of course , the Asian population is already a plurality or majority , but perhaps you mean of the world's industrial working class