[lbo-talk] ice breaker suggestions?

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 20:09:50 PDT 2009

Heh! Power Indeed!

Do you want to break up the clumps people come in? That will take a bit longer to count off and move the numbers to different parts of the room.

Otherwise just clump people close to where they are sitting.

Once in groups, everyone gets 1 minute to say their name, their workgroup, the answer to something banal like how they got to work or what they had for breakfast (if it's not obvious like bagels on the company dime) and an answer to some opinion or thought question vaguely topical for the initiative, ....

OR:

Break into groups as above. Within each group, pair up. One minute for first person to introduce self to second, one minute for the reverse. Then go around: each person gets 1 minute to introduce the other half of their pair. I like this one because once I got to introduce the oldest guy in our workgroup: he called everyone male and female "Babe." I said "this is so and so and he has been working in computing since before I was born."

Have fun

DC