[lbo-talk] ice breaker suggestions?

Bill Quimby wquimby at embarqmail.com
Tue Oct 20 18:44:26 PDT 2009

Artificial in a way, but quite possibly effective for all concerned....

Ten minutes may not be enough time but if at the beginning you asked each sub-group to identify the one thing that hinders them most in their tasks (I have observed that people really love this - a form of constructive bitching) and you had one person from the sub-group report its conclusion and you recorded each point on a blackboard/white board ... *AND* (and that's a big AND) you had confidence in advance that your training program would answer most or all of their concerns - that would give your program a strong recognition and acceptance.

On the other hand, of course, training programs foisted on them by the CIO and COO in the past may be the one thing that has detracted them most from their performance! But if you give the thing the same degree of honesty and earnestness you exhibit on LBO-Talk you're sure to strike home.

- Bill