[lbo-talk] state by state single payer

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Oct 21 15:29:01 PDT 2009

At 02:43 PM 10/21/2009, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Oct 21, 2009, at 2:12 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
>
>>I have sneered a lot at Progressives, but I never really thought they
>>would sink to such self-parody as even to discuss such a proposal as
>>this. Sad.
>
>What in god's name are you talking about? Why would a state single- payer
>scheme be such a tragedy? It could actually happen, you know. Is
>that the problem with it?
>
>Doug

I'm interested in the answer too. My mom's a nurse and part of a coalition of health practitioners who have gotten fed up with the current national debate, totally sick of Obama -- tres disappointed! So, they are going to try to get a single payer plan for Vermont, hoping as others have said that the example will be set and other states will move along.

Some businesses in the state are apparently on board as well, seeing it as a social indicator that can be used to lure more businesses to the state. shag