[lbo-talk] NSK

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 29 10:02:43 PDT 2009

At 05:53 AM 10/29/2009, Chris Doss wrote:

>This was my point all along, and I really don't understand what the
>resistance is to what seems to be an obvious fact

No it wasn't. You were saying that Zizek is popular because "anglophone" academia picked him up and made him so.

That's not what happened. Like Chomsky, Mike Davis, Angela Davis, and many more, the guy's working in a particular way that makes him well known. Much of this work is outside or on the fringes of the academy.