[lbo-talk] Cole in Salon: Obama's foreign policy report card

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:15:28 PDT 2009

Michael Pollak

> CB: Why are you surprised?

Cole has been scorching on Afghanistan the last couple months.

^^^^ CB: Critical support ?

> Contrairian to what?

Contrary to the general tenor of the list,

^^^^^ CB: Cole is not on the list.

^^^^^

myself included, as well as the mood in the country at large, which sees him as having accomplished squat so far in foreign policy except for digging us in deeper in Afghanistan.

^^^^^ CB: I think you are confusing this little list with the country at large ( or the Republicans on the fringe) He has ended Bush Star Wars, engaged Iran, started the end to the war in Iraq, told the coup'ers in Honduras the election wouldn't be recognized, which seems to have resulted in success. The Nobel Peace Prize Committee are no fools and, they we'ren't foolin'. You don't really think the LBO-talk talk about Obama is uhhh objective , do you ? Puuhhlease.

^^^^^^^

Viz the SNL "Nothing Accomplished" shtick you posted a commentary to last month: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpIyX5A8Ges

Michael

^^^^^ CB: Looks like SNL played a subtle joke spoofing the LBO'ers and the like more than Obama. You don't seem to get that in nine months he isn't supposed to have accomplished everything, and those who fault him for not doing so reveal more about their biases than make a cogent criticism of O.