[lbo-talk] Cole in Salon: Obama's foreign policy report card

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Oct 30 11:45:07 PDT 2009

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, c b wrote:

> > [I post this for its contrarian value. To my great surprise, Cole
> > gives him a good one.]
>
> http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2009/10/26/obama_report_card/
>
> CB: Why are you surprised?

Cole has been scorching on Afghanistan the last couple months.

> Contrairian to what?

Contrary to the general tenor of the list, myself included, as well as the mood in the country at large, which sees him as having accomplished squat so far in foreign policy except for digging us in deeper in Afghanistan. Viz the SNL "Nothing Accomplished" shtick you posted a commentary to last month: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpIyX5A8Ges

Michael