[lbo-talk] Baby thoughts

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Sep 3 06:42:39 PDT 2009

At 03:29 AM 9/3/2009, James Heartfield wrote:
>I agree, in that they tend to improve, i.e. get closer to the truth of the
>matter, except that the subclause

i always dig thinking about this position. i always wonder what's gonna happen when we get, finally, at the truth. will we just BE truth? will we no longer be human? will there be, like, a big bang or something? if we are truth, what then. godamnitwhatwillhappen?

or maybe will just sit by truth, like sitting by the right hand of dog or something. will it be cool? will we be surrounded by a shining, glowing light emanating from parting clouds? will truth, like jesus, be blond with blue eyes? will we be floating up there, nekkid, like the rapturists think? will we be looking down at a war-wracked, plague-beset planet killing and murdering and raping and pillaging each other straight to death. will there be popcorn with real butter? and goobers and raisinettes, too? will butterfingers not stick in my teeth when we are close to truth. shit. will we even need to eat sitting next to truth like that. will we have to miss part of the entertainment to go to the loo? also, does the entertainment ever end? what happens then? do we just continue to sit next to truth like that, with beatific expressions on our face? if we are sitting next to truth, will we even still need to interrupt such things as beatific expressions? will we need to "appear" happy or sad? shit. will anyone be sad? what could we possibly mean by happy if there is no sad?

shag