[lbo-talk] clicker thingy

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Sep 3 10:39:11 PDT 2009

I found a clicker thingy for my presentation with laser pointer for 40 clams. didn't have to spend big bucks at all. thanks for recommends.

also, I did break down and buy a laptop AND a camera! whee. My very first camera, ever! And my very first laptop, ever! Whee!

i have channel fever wicked. at my blog, i compiled a list of all the books i checked out, in case you're interested. i don't think i took anyone's advice, save for Joe's recommendation. I'd read Bonfire many years ago and even passed it along to a guy I worked with who was on his way to prison and suffered from MotU disorder. I *have* stuck every book y'all recommended on my list, though, and I will read them eventually! though i'm not sure about the sci fi. i've never tried it -- not reading much fiction -- but it never seemed my cuppa. *shrug* I had one of Wolfe's books on my already existing reading list, so I chose that.

but can ya believe it? there was some buzz at the office about how maybe could i would i, well, put off the vacation.... for a special, hot hot hot hurry do it now project? please?

WTF!

they are crazy management by crisis people that run that place sometimes. of course, they didn't do it. they couldn't bring themselves to put the pressure on and make. but you cuold tell, they would have liked to have convinced me to take one for the team and actually volunteer.

I just knew something was up when the VP stopped me and said, "I hear you're going on vacation" I had no idea why he would care. VPs are too far up there to give a crap about day to day stuff. Especially this guy. So WTF would a VP have clue one about vacation schedules among the hoi poloi. Then, I told him how excited I was and how it would be my very first unencumbered vacation, yadda.

he says, "So, I guess that means that you wouldn't think of putting off your vacation in order to work on a special project?" He grins.

I looked at him and grinned and said, "You know. I've done that in the past actually. And you know, I learned my lesson then."

He's still grinning.

Then I say, "Ohhhhhh but you know. There's always money. I'll ditch my vacation for the right amount of cash money."

He cackled. I said, "Oh, you laugh.... harumph!"

Later on, in a meeting about this terrible drop dead project that will wait until I get back? As I was informed that, first thing I get back monday, I will be expected to know this that and the other thing, I was laughing inside, giddy with channel fever. I said, "Ohhhh. So y'all do expect me to be working on my vacation, eh?"

"Oh no no no. Not at all. But if you want to..."

I grinned. Well, just as I told VP: for the right amount of cash, no problemo. Everyone grinned. I decided to sit in my seat at the conference table.

Then, under the influence of channel fever, I said:

Well, now we all know exactly what kind of woman I am. And we also know exactly what kind of man VP is.

(bada boom! Zing!)

When Director blushed and laughed and SDM realized what the joke was about, there was some murmuring. oooo improper. I said, "Look. a famous literary figure made that line famous. I was just improvising on it. I bring culcha to this place, damn it! It's a value add!"

*chortle*

also, if bill has read this far: dewd, you so totally had my number about what my vacation plans entail, I about died laughing. yes, exactly, except in my version, i fall asleep, the book drops in the hot tub and gets ruined and i don't awake until a seagull shits on my nose. but it is still going to rock, fuckers! :)