[lbo-talk] Baby thoughts

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Fri Sep 4 07:08:54 PDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 03:44:13PM -0400, Andy wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Shane Mage<shmage at pipeline.com> wrote:
>
> > back to the original language through several iterations.  Hence "modern"
> > physics' invention of "dark energy" and "dark matter"--entities with much
> > less empirical basis than the epicycles of Ptolemaic astronomy.
>
> Aren't they mostly empirical -- fudge factors to account for too much
> apparent mass in the latter case, and then in the former case too-fast
> expansion to reconcile with the additional mass?

Yes, you are correct and Shane has it exactly backwards. The evidence indicates something is missing from the theory because there is both gravity and energy at work, both of which can not be seen.

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim: beyondzero123 yahoo msg: beyondzero123

I want peace on earth and good will toward men.

-Erwin "Whistler" Emory We are the United States Government. We don't do that sort of thing.

-Bernard Abbott