[lbo-talk] Materialism is a form of idealism

RicardoStarkey at aol.com RicardoStarkey at aol.com
Sat Sep 5 11:44:58 PDT 2009

In a message dated 9/5/2009 10:50:46 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com writes:

"AHA! That explains it. It's totally partisan.

I used to have a dictionary of philosophy from the 40s in which the entry on Stalin's thought was longer than not only the entry on Plato, but the entry on Marx as well."

Yes, that would definitely be one way to characterize it, but I prefer to say that it has a POV that I agree with. At least there's no entry under Stalin. It goes right from "Stages of Economic Growth, Theory of" to "Stankevich, Nikolai Vladimirovich." Lenin gets a page and a half, though. And it may please you to know that Husserl gets half a page. (They don't like him much.)