[lbo-talk] Welcome to the library. Say goodbye to the books.(TheBoston Globe)

Jeffrey Fisher jeff.jfisher at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 11:52:38 PDT 2009

I'm not prepared to make claims like Chris's or Carroll's, although I am prepared to top-post, and also to make an argument about the utility of books that is not grounded in romanticism about the feel of paper in your hands or in the books we might have lost had they not been books. http://brainmortgage.blogspot.com/2009/09/finding-your-way-through-books.html

AFAICT, someone somewhere has been proclaiming the death of books for at least 15 years, and probably more like 20 or 25 (what pops into my head immediately is Nicholas Negroponte's futurist tome, _Being Digital_). I don't think books are going anywhere.