[lbo-talk] um, cass sunnstein?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Sep 8 13:29:11 PDT 2009

Doug:

> How's that? O'Reilly has spirited arguments with his guests. If they're
> good at it, they can give him a run for his money - of course, you have
> to be aggressive and resist his talking over you. But allowing people to
> speak their minds on TV - how exactly does that discredit dissent?

That show is a circus. A distraction. You could read the Gettysburg Address on that thing and it would essentially be noise between the commercials.

Noam's take was that you allow genuine dissidents on, but keep the overall structure in place. They come off as caricatures -- maybe not to you and me, but to those who watch Fox for their info, which includes much of my family, I'm afraid to say.

Dennis