[lbo-talk] Back Again/Obamacare & Afghanistan

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 16:56:34 PDT 2009

It's a dilemma, isn't it? We have no movement nor any on the horizon. But the Dems are a disgrace. For years I said, No Lesser Of Two Evils, often and in print. Then we got W. Turned out there _was_ a lesser of two evils. Didn't make a difference that I voted for Nader in 2000 because I'm in Illinois, but I sure as hell worked for Kerry in 2004 in Ohio, where it mattered, and where the DP lost. Not that he would have been any bargain. And McCain made it clear that he was determined to be Bush III, so I worked for Obama in Ohio again, _knowing_ that he'd turn out this way. I don't intend to get into the Dem or Not-To-Dem argument, been there, done that, both sides, many years. What's clear is that BHO is going to be as great a disappointment as we feared, or more, unless we actually organize and kick some ass. So I hope we can do some of that. Andie