[lbo-talk] signs of the times

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Sep 13 13:18:13 PDT 2009

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009, Andy wrote:

> I went through Union Station early yesterday evening and the first thing
> that struck about the crowd there -- I think before I read the T-shirts,
> and definitely before I was aware of this event -- was how the
> population of morbidly obese in DC had suddenly shot up. Which made me
> think, good god, you've never had to get insurance on your own, have
> you? Maybe even the raw experience wouldn't pierce that veil.

Remember that guy at the end of Sicko? The one who devoted his whole life to reviling Michael Moore, who posted a notice that he was going to have to shut down his anti-Moore blog because he didn't have health insurance and owed $12,600? That situation didn't change his mind. He just begged for the money accepting that this was normal.

Michael