[lbo-talk] signs of the times

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 13:06:50 PDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Michael Pollak <mpollak at panix.com> wrote:

> This post has two pictures which when combined almost blow my mind trying to
> comprehend their cognitive dissonance.

I went through Union Station early yesterday evening and the first thing that struck about the crowd there -- I think before I read the T-shirts, and definitely before I was aware of this event -- was how the population of morbidly obese in DC had suddenly shot up. Which made me think, good god, you've never had to get insurance on your own, have you? Maybe even the raw experience wouldn't pierce that veil.

-- Andy