[lbo-talk] left aiding right

Matthias Wasser matthias.wasser at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 09:47:13 PDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:20 PM, c b <cb31450 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dennis Perrin

> I've been writing and speaking about this for over a year now. No
> surprise. American libs are utterly predictable and completely
> useless.
> Dennis
>
> ^^^^^^^^
>
> CB: You're so funny Dennis. You all are covering your asses
> because..oops.. you aren't criticizing the rightwing.
>
> Just last week I was going to post on the unity of the ultra-right and
> the ultra-left in attacking Obama.

The ultra-right are a bunch of irrelevant nutcases. You can play intellectual target practice all day long, if it's fun for you (it is to many, and I can see the appeal), but I don't see the point at a practical level.

America has an ultra-right populist strain, but that strain is waning. Some decades ago a right-wing terrorist organization ran half the Democratic Party and a whole region of the country. In the 90s they LARPed around in camo gear and blew up a building. Today someone shoots an abortion doctor and a bunch of townsfolk call Obama a racial epithet or two and liberals think it's impending fascism.

The Palins are loud, as they always are under a Democratic administration, but in decline. The Greenspans and Kissingers of the world are about as strong as ever, and in both parties.