[lbo-talk] Conservatism

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 14 13:02:02 PDT 2009

At 12:15 PM 9/14/2009, Doug Henwood wrote:

>>contemporary
>>conservatism is pretty much brain dead,
>>so no surprises there.
>
>Well yeah, but the left ain't cooking with gas now either.

Per your suggestion I just took a look at People's Daily World where I found this insightful comment from John Sweeney:

http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/16995/

"A reporter asked outgoing federation President John Sweeney about news of a decision by Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., to reverse himself and come out now in favor of the Employee Free Choice Act. "It's amazing how elected officials will sometimes do things that like that, isn't it?" Sweeney responded."