[lbo-talk] Conservatism

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 13:23:11 PDT 2009

Wasn't it John Stuart Mill who called the conservatives "the Stupid Party"? I mean, and I say this as someone who actually respects and learns from smart people on the other side, they've only ever had one idea, summarized so eloquently by Gordon Gekko, viz. "Greed Is Good"?

Agreed that the left, ranging from the liberals to the hard left, isn't doing so well these days either in the ideas department. But we have been known to have had an idea from time to time. Who knows, it might happen again.

Andie