[lbo-talk] Signs of the times

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Sep 16 09:34:17 PDT 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 12:20 PM, SA wrote:
> Chris Doss wrote:
>> Plus you have to admit that there is something completely deranged
>> abiut converting from Catholicism, with its 2000 years of
>> intellectual tradition, to the gutter religion of Mormonism.
> I think Catholicism supplies the Church of JCLS with a large
> majority of its U.S. converts, for some reason. I saw a priest
> lament this on cable access once.

Catholicism claims, like the others, to be a revealed religion. But in its 2000 year "intellectual" tradition it, like all the others except the JCLS, has utterly failed to persuade its God to provide any further revelations. While the Mormons receive direct revelations all the time (especially when it comes to undoing previous revelations like polygyny) the Catholics remain stuck with old revelations. What is strange is that they don't all convert!

Shane Mage