[lbo-talk] Signs of the times

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 16 09:44:14 PDT 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Shane Mage wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2009, at 12:20 PM, SA wrote:
>> Chris Doss wrote:
>>> Plus you have to admit that there is something completely deranged
>>> abiut converting from Catholicism, with its 2000 years of
>>> intellectual tradition, to the gutter religion of Mormonism.
>> I think Catholicism supplies the Church of JCLS with a large
>> majority of its U.S. converts, for some reason. I saw a priest
>> lament this on cable access once.
>

> Catholicism claims, like the others, to be a revealed religion.

After reading Ratso's reflections on homosex:

<http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_19861001_homosexual-persons_en.html

I really do wonder about that splendid "intellectual tradition." The language is more high-falutin' than what a Mormon would produce, but still...

Doug