[lbo-talk] Baucus health plan

M myles.sussman at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 10:20:59 PDT 2009

I feel the same way. The Democrats have to choose between votes that will bring some passion to their base (things like real healthcare instead of Baucus "Care", or EFCA)... and things that will bring some passion to their large $ campaign contributors (permitting banks that are even more too big to fail, and fattening the coffers of Aetna and Cigna). They choose the latter, it seems. There's only one way that can turn out. I keep thinking:           “Given the choice between a Republican and someone who acts like a Republican, people will vote for the real Republican all the time”   (although compared to Henry Wallace, Truman was probably someone who acts like a Republican)