[lbo-talk] Baucus health plan

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 10:47:17 PDT 2009

I have to admit that I am moving closer to Carrol Cox's position on the Dems. They seem to be more dangerous than the Repugs, because they are sheep in wolf's skin, and that puts many people off guard. The Repugs are at least honest who they are. It will take a Democrat to gut Social Security (of which Medicare is a part) and the Baucus proposal is a move in that direction.

I still have a high opinion of Mr. Obama though - he seems to be a very thoughful and honest person - it just the party which he happens to represten due to the lack of better alternatives sucks big time. I sincerely hope that at the end of the day he will have the wisdom of not falling for the bullshit dished out by the congressional dems and will veto the damn thing.

BTW, I heard that the venal AARP is selling out their members again by supporting the Baucus proposal. I already renounced their membership when they sold out to Bush, and I think that others should do the same. They are a mouthpiece of the insurance industry anyway. Fuck them.

Wojtek